Application Period is now open!
Interested in applying to be an advisory volunteer? The application period is now open until June 30.
After submitting your application, you will receive an acknowledgement email confirming that your completed application was received. All applications will be provided to Town Council for review and to determine whom to recommend for appointment. The council liaison of the board will make the final decision on whom to interview and/or appoint. The appointments are made in September. The terms of those appointed start on October 1, 2017.
Whether you are interested in recreational activities, cultural events, technology issues or land-use practices, the Town of Cary has opportunities for you to volunteer to share your time and talents. Applications are accepted from May 1 through June 30 for upcoming vacancies.
Things to know about volunteering for a board or commission:
- All volunteers must live within Cary's Corporate limits or, where applicable, in Cary's ETJ.
- Current Town of Cary employees are not eligible to volunteer.
- All citizens appointed to any board or commission are required to read and sign the Ethics and Conflicts of Interest Guidelines for Town Advisory Boards and Commissions and to familiarize themselves with the Boards and Commissions General Rules of Order.
- Council members follow the board appointment policy to make appointments to the various boards and commissions.
- Appointments are for three-year terms, except where unexpired terms are being filled.
In addition to boards and commissions the Town, at times, forms special committees and task forces to work for a finite time on specific, current issues. Appointments to these special groups are made as needed and terms of service vary. For more information visit the Town's Web site.
For citizens interested in economic development the Town has another standing committee, the Economic Development Committee, whose membership consists of members from the Town Council, Town staff, Cary Chamber and Cary citizens.
Town Clerk's Office