Fred G. Bond Metro Park
Fred G. Bond Metro Park, at 310 acres, is one of the largest municipal parks in Wake County. Like an oasis in the midst of the city, the park design preserves the environment and offers opportunities for many types of recreation.
- Bond Lake
- Bond Park Boathouse
- Challenge Ropes Course
- Sertoma Amphitheatre
- Kiwanis Picnic Shelter
- Lazy Daze Playground
- Buehler Picnic Shelter
- Athletic fields
- Multi-use field
- 4.2 miles of trails
- Compost Education Center
- Screened Porch
View a detailed Bond Park Map (PDF format).
General Facility Rental Information (available in PDF format, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file). For more detailed rental information, please contact the facility.
Boat Rental Rates, Programs and Information (available in PDF format, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file).
Locate this park using Maps Online
Telephone: (919) 469-4100
Address: 801 High House Road
Directions: Bond Park is at 801 High House Road between Cary Parkway and Northwest Maynard Road.
Mailing Address: PO Box 8005; Cary, NC 27512-8005
GPS Location: -78.8215 35.7857
Park Hours of Operation:
November - February: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily
March: 9 a.m.-7 p.m. daily
April - May: Sunday - Friday 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; Saturday & Holidays 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
June - August: Sunday - Friday 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Saturday & Holidays 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
September - October: Sunday - Friday 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; Saturday & Holidays 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Boathouse/Waterfront Hours of Operation:
November - March: closed
April - May: Monday - Friday -- closed; Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
June - August 24: Daily* 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; July 4th Holiday 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
September - October: Monday - Friday -- closed; Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
*Closed weekdays in August with the start of the Wake County traditional school year.
2015 Summer Promotions at the Boathouse:
The Town has introduced a series of promotions beginning June 1 through August 24.
- Happy Hour - Monday-Friday from 2-5 p.m.; during that time, boat rentals, snow-cones and popcorn are half-price.
- These same items are also half-price during Summer Promotions Days as follows:
- Monday is Scout/Troop Day for those who wear a scout or troop shirt
- Tuesday is Senior Day for visitors 55 & up
- Wednesday is Town of Cary Camp Day for all who wear a 2015 Town of Cary camp T-shirt
- Thursday is Veteran’s, Active Military and First Responders Day
- Friday is Town of Youth Sports Day for those who wear a 2014-15 league uniform shirt