There are disqualifying factors that make a person ineligible to participate in certain Town of Cary activities (e.g., School of Government and the Hometown Spirit Award). Disqualifying factors include being found guilty* of any of the following crimes:
- All Sex Offenses, regardless of the amount of time since offense
- All Felony Offenses, regardless of the amount of time since offense
- All misdemeanors involving a minor (unless the applicant was also a minor), regardless of the amount of time since the offense
- All misdemeanor violence offenses within the past 7 years
- All other misdemeanor offenses within the past 5 years or more than one offense in the past 10 years
- Applicant must disclose if any of the above charges are pending at the time of application
*Guilty means that a person was found guilty following a trial, entered a guilty plea, entered a no contest plea accompanied by a court finding of guilty, regardless of whether there was an adjudication of guilt (conviction) or a withholding of guilt. This does not apply if criminal charges resulted in acquittal, Nolle Prosse or dismissal.