Boards & Commissions
The Council volunteer Boards and Commissions recruitment period is now closed.
The Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department is seeking volunteers to fill vacancies on their three committees. Visit the PRCR Citizen Advisory Committee web page for more information and an application. Their application deadline is October 7, 2016 at 5 p.m.
You may also visit the Town's website for other volunteer opportunities.
Town of Cary has seven Boards and Commissions. Each is unique in its size, meeting schedule and specific function; however, the overall mission is the same: To make Cary a place in which we can be proud to live, work and play. Citizens who serve on these boards and commissions perform a community service using their skills, interests and initiatives to make the difference. These volunteers believe that Cary should indeed become "My Cary" for each of us.Get involved
Whether you are interested in recreational activities, cultural events, technology issues or land-use practices, the Town of Cary has opportunities for you to volunteer to share your time and talents. Applications are accepted from May 1 through June 30 for upcoming vacancies.
Things to know about volunteering for a board or commission:
- All volunteers must live within Cary's Corporate limits or, where applicable, in Cary's ETJ.
- Current Town of Cary employees are not eligible to volunteer.
- All citizens appointed to any board or commission are required to read and sign the Ethics and Conflicts of Interest Guidelines for Town Advisory Boards and Commissions and to familiarize themselves with the Boards and Commissions General Rules of Order.
- Council members follow the board appointment policy to make appointments to the various boards and commissions.
- Appointments are for three-year terms, except where unexpired terms are being filled.
For citizens interested in economic development the Town has another standing committee, the Economic Development Committee, whose membership consists of members from the Town Council, Town staff, Cary Chamber and Cary citizens.
Deputy Town Clerk
Town Clerk's Office