Cary Town Government and Services Pause for Upcoming Holidays
Curbside collection bumps a day, no GoCary Services on Christmas, New Year’s Day
- During the weeks of Christmas and New Year’s, curbside collection will bump one day later for all citizens; trees and other natural greenery can be disposed of as part of weekly yard waste service.
- GoCary will not operate on Christmas or New Year’s Day; The Citizen’s Convenience Center will be closed December 25 and January 1.
- Cary Town Hall and most staffed facilities, including community and arts centers, will close at 5 p.m. on December 22 and reopen December 28; the same facilities will be closed on January 1.
Cary, NC – The next two weeks will see slight changes to the Town of Cary’s services and operations.
- Curbside Collection: During the weeks of December 25 and January 1, all trash, recycling and yard waste will move one day later; instead of collections Monday-Thursday, curbside collection will occur Tuesday-Friday each week. Items should be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day and away from mail boxes, fire hydrants and light poles. Citizens can dispose of trees and other natural greenery as part of their regular curbside yard waste collection as long as trees are stripped of all artificial materials like lights, tinsel, wire and ornaments.
- GoCary: GoCary services will not operate on December 25th and January 1st. On December 24th, GoCary fixed route and Door-to-Door services (Tier I only) will operate from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Sunday schedule). Riders with questions should call (919) 485-RIDE (7433) or email YourRideMatters@townofcary.org.
- Facilities: Town of Cary offices and most staffed facilities—including community and arts centers—will close at 5 p.m. on December 22 and reopen December 28. The same facilities will also be closed January 1. The Cary Tennis Park, Sk8-Cary and The Cary Theater will be open; citizens are asked to call the facility ahead before visiting for specific operating hours. Note the NC Chinese Lantern Festival at Booth Amphitheatre is open nightly over the next two weeks, including Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
For more operations and scheduling information, search “2017 Operations Schedule” at www.townofcary.org or call (919) 469-4090. For a list of things to do over the holiday weekend, check out www.townofcary.org/calendar.
Dwayne Jones, Community Recreation Manager, (919) 469-4064
Kelly Blazey, Transit Services Administrator, (919) 462-2080
Bob Holden, Solid Waste Manager, (919) 469-4388
Carrie Roman, Public Information Supervisor, (919) 481-5091
Deanna Hawkes, Deputy Public Information Officer, (919) 380-4240