Traffic Alert – Jaycees Christmas Parade to Close Streets in Downtown Cary
- The annual Jaycees Christmas Parade continues in Cary on Saturday, December 9 at 2 p.m.
- The parade will follow its traditional route, heading west on East Chatham Street from Ward Street to south on Academy Street and ending at the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Ave.
- In support of the Christmas Parade on December 9, the Town of Cary will close Academy Street from Chatham Street to Dry Avenue and Chatham Street from Academy Street to Ward Street from noon-6 p.m.
Cary, NC – As it has for the previous 37 years, the annual Jaycees Christmas Parade will bring holiday cheer and merriment to downtown Cary with over 100 floats that include steppers, skippers, twirlers, dancers, local bands and celebrities and, of course, Santa Claus. In support of the Christmas Parade on December 9, the Town of Cary will close the following streets from noon-6 p.m.:
• Academy Street from Chatham Street to Dry Avenue and
• Chatham Street from Academy Street to Ward Street.
To receive notice of traffic implications related to this and other events, go to www.townofcary.org/email and subscribe to the News, Events, and Alerts list. For real-time traffic updates, visit “Alerts and Closures” at www.townofcary.org, follow the Town of Cary on Twitter @TOC_Traffic and navigate via the Waze app on your smartphone.
Ted Boyd, Downtown Development Manager, (919) 462-3870
Lt. Rick Glancy, Planning/Special Events, (919) 460-4901
Carrie Roman, Public Information Supervisor, (919) 481-5091
Deanna Hawkes, Deputy Public Information Officer, (919) 380-4240