Nominate An Outstanding Town of Cary Volunteer
Town will honor nine award recipients in March 2017
CARY, NC – Grab your quills and start drafting your nomination for the Town of Cary Parks Recreation and Cultural Resources (PRCR) outstanding volunteer; from January 3-February 3 the Town is accepting nominations in the following nine categories for its PRCR Volunteer Awards:
- Outstanding Teen Volunteer for a Cary Teen Council member;
- Don Smith Award for an Athletics Program Department volunteer;
- Distinguished New Coach Award for a volunteer who has coached for fewer than five years;
- Cultural Arts Award is presented to a Cultural Arts Division volunteer;
- Senior Volunteer Award is for an individual who has impacted the lives of Cary citizens ages 55 and up;
- Parks and Trails Award is given to an individual dedicated to the improvement and advancement of Cary’s greenway and trails system;
- Herb Young Award is for a volunteer who assists PRCR in carrying out its mission and goals;
- Partner Organization of the Year is presented to an organization that supports the PRCR’s mission and goals; and
- Events Volunteer Award is given to someone who supports the PRCR special events.
“The Town’s more than 2,000 PRCR volunteers who contribute over 30,000 hours annually play an important role in organizing the hundreds of outstanding programs and services the Town offers each year,” said Sonya Snyder, Special Services Supervisor.
The Town will acknowledge award recipients at a volunteer banquet in March 2017.
For nomination forms, a list of awards with descriptions and the names of past recipients, search “Volunteer Nominations” at www.townofcary.org or call (919) 469-4065. And for more things to enjoy in Cary, follow the Town on Twitter @TOC_Fun and check out the Meetings & Events Calendar at www.townofcary.org.
Sonya Snyder, Special Services Supervisor, (919) 469-4065
Marie Maguire, Public Information Specialist, (919) 380-4227
Deanna Hawkes, Deputy Public Information Officer, (919) 380-4240