Street Maintenance 

Street Maintenance

NEW! Construction Crew Survey

The Public Works Department construction crew is conducting a comprehensive review of the service we provide. We are asking that anyone who has received service from our construction crew to please complete this survey so that we can evaluate what we are doing right and improve on the service we provide you. To participate, complete the online Construction Crew Survey.


Report Potholes and other damage to Public Works & Utilities Customer Service at (919) 469-4090 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. or email
During wet winter weather months, we will work to provide a temporary cold patch to repair potholes on Cary maintained streets by the next business day. Potholes on state maintained roads in Cary will be reported to the N.C. Department of Transportation.

Streets by Ownership

This map displays streets in Cary which are color coded by the owner of the street. To open the legend, select the double arrow in the top left corner of the map. For assistance with using the map, see the map help page.

View larger version of this map


To report a damaged sidewalk, please email Public Works & Utilities Customer Service at or call (919) 469-4090.

Storm Drains

Street storm drains located in the curb are designed to quickly remove stormwater from the traffic lane through an underground pipe system. Materials that enter the storm drains, including litter and other pollutants, go directly to area streams and not to one of Cary's wastewater treatment facilities. To report an illegal discharge or for information on how to volunteer to label storm drains with an educational message, contact the Stormwater Management Division of the Water Resources Department at (919) 469-4030. In addition, items such as leaves, grass clippings and limbs that get into the storm drains can lead to clogged pipes.

With the exception of driveway pipes, culverts and other stormwater infrastructure in the public right-of-way are maintained by the Town of Cary’s Public Works Department. Missing or broken storm drain lids and manhole covers should be reported immediately to Public Works Customer Service at (919) 469-4090.

Street Lights

Progress Energy maintains street lights in Cary. Report outages online or call (866) 326-3344. To request a new street light, call the Town of Cary Facilities Design and Transportation Department at (919) 469-4030.