Hometown Spirit Award
The Hometown Spirit Award is bestowed annually on a Cary resident who enhances the quality of life in Cary by preserving, promoting and carrying out positive and quantifiable traditional small-town community values and traits as embodied in the following criteria:
- Helps out neighbors and fellow Cary residents
- Demonstrates hospitality
- Promotes and preserves traditional American past-times
- Shows a concern for preservation and works to preserve traditions and the small-town atmosphere in the community
- Promotes entrepreneurship through supporting locally-owned business
- Promotes a sense of community in their neighborhood and all of Cary
- Demonstrates patriotism through promotion and preservation of the country's symbols and dedication to the U.S. military, past and present
- Serves the community through business
Criteria and Eligibility
Current Town of Cary employees are not eligible. Current elected officials are not eligible. Cary citizens who have served in any elected official capacity in the past 20 years are not eligible. Memorial awards will not be given in honor of deceased Cary residents. Individuals may only receive the award once.
Contact the Town Clerk's Office for additional information: email@example.com; (919) 319-4505.