High Efficiency Toilet Retrofit Rebate Program
The Town is offering $100 rebates to water customers who replace toilets that use 3.5 gallons or more per flush with WaterSense labeled high efficiency toilets that use a maximum of 1.28 gpf in their homes or businesses. Rebates are limited to two per residential account and five per non-residential account. In order to be processed, applications must include the original receipt(s).
How Do I Qualify?
- Applicants must be Town of Cary water customers (including Morrisville) who are either property owners or the parties legally responsible for paying the water bill.
- Rebates are restricted to the replacement of toilets 3.5 gpf or larger. If the size is unavailable, please provide the height, width and depth of the water level in the tank.
- Toilets must be replaced with a WaterSense labeled high efficiency toilet. For a list of WaterSense approved devices, visit www.epa.gov/watersense/.
For Maximum Performance (MaP) Testing results of popular toilet models, visit http://www.allianceforwaterefficiency.org/MaP-main.aspx.
- Applicants must provide original receipt(s).
- Toilets installed after 1994 are not eligible.
How Do I Apply?
1. Confirm your old toilet is eligible. Do this by:
- Measuring the height, depth and width of the water level (when full) in the tank.
2. Purchase and install a WaterSense labeled high efficiency toilet that uses a maximum of 1.28 gpf. Complete the appropriate rebate application based on your account type:
Applications can also be obtained at the Town of Cary Operations Center at 400 James Jackson Ave. or the Finance window at Cary Town Hall, 316 N. Academy St.
3. Mail a completed application with original dated receipt(s) attached to the address below:
Town of Cary Public Works and Utilities Department
ATTN: HET Rebate Program
P.O. Box 8005
Cary, NC 27512
4. All replacements are subject to verification by Town personnel. A Town representative will contact you to schedule a site visit. Upon approval, rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-serve basis (a maximum of 790 rebates will be issued). Rebates available July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014 or until funds are expended. A check will be mailed to the applicant within four weeks of site visit approval.
What Do I Do With My Old Toilet?
Cary residents can dispose of old toilets at the Citizen's Convenience Center (313 N. Dixon Ave.) for no charge or call the Public Works and Utilities Department at (919) 469-4090 to schedule a curbside pick-up for $13.
For additional assistance, please call (919) 469-4090.