Lazy Daze Arts and Crafts Festival
August 23 | 9 a.m.-5 p.m. | Downtown Cary
Lazy Daze has become a signature event for the Town of Cary, annually welcoming more than 50,000 people into the historic downtown to experience an amazing array of exceptional arts and crafts, mouthwatering concessions and quality entertainment. Showcasing superior artists from across the nation, this annual tradition still maintains its small-town roots. It’s a fun day for the entire family. Festival proceeds are dedicated to supporting arts activities, downtown and Town of Cary initiatives.
Plan Your Festival Visit
Admission to Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival is, as always, free. The Town of Cary does not charge any fees for admission, shuttles or parking in downtown Cary.
Lazy Daze is a rain or shine event. In the event of severe weather, check the Cary Art Daze Facebook page on festival day for updates.
Take the Free Shuttle
Parking is limited near the festival site in downtown Cary. Take advantage of our free air-conditioned shuttle service from Cary Towne Center Mall. Ample parking is available adjacent to Sears and the Triangle Aquatics Center. Modern, comfortable shuttles leave every 15 minutes. The first shuttle leaves from the Mall at 8:30 a.m. The last shuttle leaves the Festival at 5:30 p.m.
Detailed Shuttle Information
Limited free parking is available in the parking deck located adjacent to Town Hall Campus and Herbert C. Young Community Center. The festival is about 2 blocks from the deck.
Parking Deck Map
Our goal is for the entire festival site to be accessible to everyone. If you need assistance, please contact festival staff or volunteers.
- Accessible parking is available between the railroad tracks near Town Hall on N. Academy St., on the east side of Cary Elementary School (adjacent to Kildaire Farm Rd.), and at the First United Methodist Church (access from Walker Street). These locations are approximately one block from the festival.
- Accessible parking is also available at the shuttle location at Cary Towne Center Mall. Wheelchair accessible shuttles are available. Accessible Parking Map
Air-conditioned restroom trailers are available in front of Fire Department Administrative Offices located on N. Academy Street and on Park St. near the First Baptist Church. Additional restroom facilities are located on either end of Chatham St., in front of the Cary Community Library, The Cary Theater and the Cary Arts Center.
Lost children should be left with the nearest Cary Police Officer or taken to one of following locations: South end of the festival – Main Stage, Information Tent or Cary Arts Center; North end of the festival – Fidelity Stage, Information Tent or The Cary Theater.
In the event of a medical emergency, please call 911 and ask to find a festival staff, volunteer, police officer, fire fighter or EMT. Cary EMS and the Cary Fire Dept. are on-site to provide medical assistance. In the event of a minor injury, please move to a place of safety and look for a festival staff, volunteer, police officer, fire fighter or EMT.
Your safety is our first priority. The Cary Police Department, Cary Fire Department and Cary EMS are available to assist you in the event of an emergency.
Lost & Found
Items found during the Festival may be turned in at either of the two information booths located in front of the Cary Arts Center and the corner of Academy St. and Chatham St. After the Festival, items may be claimed at the Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources Department main offices located in Town Hall at 316 N. Academy St.
Leave Pets at Home
We love dogs, but for the safety and comfort of everyone (including your pets), pets are not allowed.
- Restricted items include coolers, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, bicycles, and scooters.
- Leave Frisbees, footballs and other flying objects at home.
- Bicycles are a great way to travel to the festival and they should be parked outside of the festival. Bike racks are available on Town Hall Campus, the Cary Arts Center and the Cary Amtrak Station.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is restricted to the Sister Cities Beer Garden. Smoking is prohibited.
(919) 319-4560 | Facebook.com/Cary Art Daze