Retirement - NC Treasurer Retirement Systems
Who administers the retirement system and what are the current benefits available for Town of Cary retirees?
- The NC Treasurer Retirement Systems Division - telephone # 919-807-3050, administers the retirement plan.
- Local Government Employee Retirement System of North Carolina Highlights of Your Retirement Benefits
- Retiree Benefits Summary Letter
- Upon employment.
- You may transfer your credit and continue membership without interruption.
- 6% of salary which is deducted pretax.
- Currently about 5% to ensure proper funding of the system. The Town's contribution is never added to the individual's account.
- After five years of membership, which entitles you to a guaranteed retirement benefit at a later date as long as your contributions remain in the system.
- Currently it is 30 years of creditable service, regardless of age.
- The Retirement Systems Division's Applications and Forms page contains almost all of the forms that are used by the Retirement System. Scroll down the page until you find the appropriate form. Instructions for the use of the form are usually part of the form.
How do I check the status of my retirement account?
- To access your Benefits Statement, visit www.myncretirement.com.
- Click on the ORBIT button to log-in.
- Once logged on to your personal ORBIT account, click on “View Annual Benefits Statement” to view or print your statement.
- To help you better understand the information in your statement, frequently asked questions and a user guide are available on the “Active Members” section of the Retirement Systems’ Web pages.
- Contact your HR Benefits Manager: email Dale Johnson or call him at 469-4073.
The employee benefits information posted on this website is intended to provide details and helpful information regarding benefits available to current employees of the Town of Cary. These benefits are also described in detail in contracts with the Town of Cary and/or in Town policy. The provisions of the contracts and Town policies are controlling and subject to change. None of the conditions or limitations thereof are waived or modified by reason of omission or misstatement on this website.