Fire Station 8
The Town of Cary has united its fire and police personnel under one roof with the construction of Fire Station 8. The building, located at 408 Mills Park Drive on property owned by the Town of Cary, includes a Police Department substation. The station will enhance the emergency service response to the western area of Cary.
- Station 8 is a 14,410 square foot, two-story building.
- The fire station is 13,250 square feet with 3 apparatus bays, office space and living quarters.
- The police satellite office is 1,160 square feet and has its own separate entrance.
The station houses an engine company and is built to include a ladder company and a battalion chief in the future.
- The police station will include a roll call room and a scheduled 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. presence.
A stained glass public art feature has been installed in the station's stair tower.
- This is the Town's first “green-built” project and will serve as a pilot for other potential initiatives; it includes sustainable features like:
- Solar assist hot water heating
Energy-efficient site lighting
Recycled content for building elements
Materials from resources within 500 miles of construction site
Photovoltaic panels on the roof to collect and store energy from the sun
Plumbing designed to tie into the Town's reclaimed water system
Design and construction for Fire Station 8 is by ADW Architects of Charlotte and AIM Construction Contracting of Cary.
Assistant Fire Chief - Budget & Planning
Town of Cary Fire Department